Sioux Falls Personal Injury Attorney
Free Consultation 605.679.6831
Even the Playing Field Dedicated Sioux Falls Personal Injury Attorney

Woman Crashes into Power Pole

On May 17, 2017, first responders were dispatched to South Dakota Highway 115 and 253rd Street after reports reached them that an 18-year-old woman had crashed her car into an electric pole. The accident happened shortly before 11 a.m. that Wednesday.

She suffered minor injuries, but the crash happened after she had a “fainting spell” while traveling southbound on the highway toward Sioux Falls. This condition caused her Pontiac Grand Prix to leave the roadway and enter a ditch to the west of the road.

The power pole suffered some damage, and the Pontiac appeared to be in a bad shape; however, residents nearby didn’t lose their power after the collision. It wasn’t clear whether or not she was wearing a seat belt, but police officers assume if she hadn’t been wearing one, her injuries would have been more severe.

It’s unclear why she ultimately fainted, but certain medical conditions could easily induce unconsciousness, including narcolepsy, low blood pressure, diabetes, or poor medication interactions. People don’t expect someone as young as 18 to be incapacitated behind the wheel as a result of medical complications, but many people don’t realize they have conditions until an event prompts examination.

Not only does it pay to get medical checkups once in a while to ensure your continued good health, but it is wise to pay attention to the drivers around you. People have been known to experience strokes and heart attacks while driving, which can endanger those around them. Defensive driving could prevent you from getting into an accident.

However, if you were injured through the negligence of another driver, you will likely require an excellent Sioux Falls personal injury attorney to assist. Jim Even, our founding attorney, has nearly 3 decades of legal experience to offer your case. Let us see what we can do for you. Contact us at (605) 679-6831 or fill out our online form to tell us about your case today.